MOORESVILLE, N.C., June 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — Kobalt Tools will introduce a new line of 24V Max Brushless cordless power tools with its summer launch of seven new tools including a drill driver, impact driver, reciprocating saw, circular saw, 3/8 inch impact wrench, 1/2 inch impact wrench and LED light. Available exclusively at Lowe’s, the 24V Max Brushless products deliver maximum performance providing up to 50 percent more power, 3.6 times more runtime and significantly longer motor life, compared to Kobalt’s previous 18V and brushed motor products.
"The Kobalt team partnered with some of the most demanding tool users including top home contractors and motorsports professionals to deliver consumers unparalleled 24V tool performance with max speed, power and runtime," said Reggie Thomas, director of brand management and product design and development for Kobalt. "These seven tools are the first phase of a multi-year plan to build the Kobalt 24V Max platform."
Kobalt also offers value to consumers by introducing additional 2.0 amp lithium ion batteries sold separately for $20 providing longer run times at a fraction of typical replacement battery costs.
The Kobalt 24V Max Brushless tools are also covered by a one-year 100 percent money back satisfaction guarantee, a five-year limited tool guarantee, and a three-year limited battery guarantee.
The new line of 24V Max Brushless power tools includes:
- Kobalt 24V Max 1/2-in Brushless Drill – Provides the ultimate balance of peak performance power and compact ergonomic design. Designed for heavy duty drilling applications with up to 2000 RPM and 650 inch-pounds of torque and a two speed gearbox with all metal chuck.
- Kobalt 24V Max 1/4-in Impact Driver – Designed to tackle the most demanding fastening applications across many materials. Delivers up to 2700 RPM and 1800 inch-pounds of torque. Features three speed options and an innovative finish function to maximize control and prevent overdriving fasteners.
- Kobalt 24V Max Reciprocating Saw – Supplies maximum productivity with 1-1/8-inch blade stroke, and over 3,000 strokes per minute, featuring tool-free blade changes and shoe adjustments, manual trigger lock and low vibration.
- Kobalt 24V Max 6-1/2-in Circular Saw – Provides innovative design with the same cut depth as a 7-1/4 inch saw. Delivers exceptional power and speed with a lightweight, compact design and LED light for great visibility and accurate cuts.
- Kobalt 24V Max 3/8-in Drive Impact Wrench – Optimized for fastening and breakaway performance with up to 2300 RPM and 150 foot pounds of torque. Features three speed options and innovation finish function to maximize control and prevent overdriving fasteners.
- Kobalt 24V Max 1/2-in Drive Impact Wrench – Offers up to 650 foot pounds of breakaway torque for maximum performance.
- Kobalt 24V Max LED Flashlight – Produces 200 lumens and features an integrated hook for hands-free use.
Available exclusively at Lowe’s, Kobalt offers a comprehensive line of tools, outdoor power equipment and storage solutions. For more information or to purchase Kobalt tools visit any Lowe’s store or Lowes.com.
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2015 sales of $59.1 billion, Lowe’s has more than 2,355 home improvement and hardware stores and 285,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
SOURCE Lowe’s Companies, Inc.